The Garden

The Garden

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Duck Pond from a Repurposed Bathtub


We were talking about how to put in a duck pond. My wife did some internet searching and found that some people simply use an old bathtub. I was going to look around on craigslist when my teenage son reminded me that we had an old bathtub sitting in the barn. We also found an old closet door in the barn to use for a ramp.


The duck pond water will be great to use in the gardens. I need to find a way to make it easy to pump water from here to the raised beds. I'm also wondering if there are any plants that can grow in a bathtub duck pond that will help filter the water some and give the ducks some munchies.(Note: according to the forums at permies.com, plants in a bathtub won't work out very well.)


Related Material: